Summer is officially here! Although the warm season can be a fun and relaxing time, it can also expose us to new and unexpected risks. No matter what your plans are this season, stay prepared for the unexpected. Follow these summer safety tips to ensure your summer is not only fun, but safe.
Summer Fun Tips
- Before going on vacation: turn off all electrical appliances; lock windows and doors; set timers on interior lights; and arrange for mail to be picked up or stopped temporarily.
- Check outside structures and furniture for possible deterioration from the winter months, such as loose boards and protruding nails
- Keep barbeque grills and fire pits on a level surface risk that is away from the house, garage, landscaping, and children.
- Supervise young children using pools and outdoor play areas. Ensure pool gates are locked and all other safety features are in place.
Summer Storm Tips
- Review your property insurance with your account representative to ensure you have adequate coverage to cover the costs of damages or a loss.
- Purchase flood insurance from McGrath Insurance Group through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
- Download The Home Inventory Guide to create an inventory of your home and/or business. Record all items and valuables with supporting documents.
- Prepare an emergency kit with food, water, a First Aid kit, blankets, a radio, and flashlights. Plan and practice a flood evacuation route.
For more information, contact McGrath Insurance Group at 800-342-3859 or visit our website at www.mcgrathinsurance.com.
*This article is written for informational purposes only and should not be construed as providing legal advice.