By Megan Cooney, Marketing Assistant
At the time of a claim, it doesn’t matter how much you paid for your insurance coverage. What really matters is the amount of protection you have when you need it most. We buy insurance for protection and security; shouldn’t we feel fully confident in the coverage provided by our insurance carrier?
When you purchase insurance through a local independent agency, you are working with industry experts who have in-depth knowledge on the specific products they are trying to sell. Independent agents work with multiple carriers, with the overall goal of finding you the best coverage at a competitive price.
Five benefits of a local independent insurance agency:
- Customizable experience. By conducting an analysis of your unique insurance needs, your independent agent can assist you with choosing any additional coverage that will enhance your protection.
- Claim settlements. At the time of a loss, your independent agent will be there to walk you through the process, ensuring you receive a settlement that is both quick and fair.
- Range of options. Your independent agent is not tied to any one carrier, and will present you with a number of coverage options. This ensures the policy you choose will be customized for your needs, but at a price you can afford.
- Education. Insurance can be a complicated topic. Independent agents are very knowledgeable on the terms and conditions written into your insurance policy, and can be used as a resource to see if your coverage is adequate or not.
- Local. Nobody knows you better than your local agent! Independent agents know what coverage options are needed for the surrounding community, and are close by when you need to file a claim or want to review your coverage.
Review your insurance policy with your local independent insurance agency to ensure you have adequate coverage in the event of a loss. Contact McGrath Insurance at 800-342-3859, or www.mcgrathinsurance.com.
*This article is written for informational purposes only and should not be construed as providing legal advice.